Sunday, July 24, 2011

Neil's Blanket Blues

I put my other projects on hold this week to make a blanket for my father-in-law, Neil, who is going through chemo and is always cold. I finally found a pattern I wanted to use to I just went for it. It's been working up really quickly. I am half done with it now after just 4 days. :) Here has been the progression so far, starting with a picture of my father in law :)

My Father in Law, Neil
Yarn for Neil's Blanket
Starting Neil's Blanket
Neil's Blanket Progress
Neil's Blanket Progress
Neil's Blanket in Progress
Neil's Blanket in Progress

That last one is the most current photo but I worked on it a lot more tonight and it's now half done (which is three pattern repeats)... well, half done according to the pattern. But when I get to the "done" point, I need to see how tall the blanket is and decide if I want to make it a little bit longer. I want it to cover feet to shoulders comfortably on him. I should have this done in just 4 more days or so though, assuming the extra yarn I ordered arrives quickly!

1 comment:

  1. This turning out beautifully and oh, sooo soft, too! You're probably done by now!

    ReplyDelete