Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Gift Finally Given

I recently posted about completing my Granny Warmer blanket :) It's been a long time coming but I was FINALLY able to give it to my grandma on April 20th. Her 93rd birthday was April 25th but I have it to her a little bit early. I am so thrilled with the photos I got - she was so excited and expressive!!


Grandma's Present


Grandma's Present


Grandma's Present


Grandma's Present


Grandma's Present


Grandma's Present


As you can tell, she loved it. She also loved the sparkly purple card I gave her :) When I took her home she wanted me to get a few photos of the blanket in her living room:


Grandma's Present


I took this one so you can see the teals, peaches, purples and pinks in her rug and how well the blanket goes with it.


Grandma's Present

7 comments:

  1. The blanket is beautiful, your Granny is adorable, you look wonderful and I want your necklace! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a such a sweet granddaughter. I can tell she is thrilled with her gift and the time and care you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so lovely and she looks thrilled to have it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christie, the blanket for your Grandmother is beautiful!! I love to Crochet, and always wanted to learn how to Knit as well, but never have!

    Oh, and I LOVE your Hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way is that woman in her 90s? She looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous... yep 93! Not a typo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so tickled that you made it for her!! :) Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete